Coming to you just in time for brunch, lunch, or dinner is the quickest and easiest little pocket of yummy goodness you’ll ever make. Are you ready for a super-stuffed, lip-smacking, finger-licking, good-time bread ?On one occasion, I took this bread to a potluck party. By the end of the evening, there were plenty of dishes with food remaining. But, not mine. My dish was practically licked clean.And, more men were asking for the recipe than women.Yea, it’s true. Men like bacon.And gooey cheese….with onions…..dripping in butter.
- 12 bacon slices (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese (sliced)
- 1 French bread loaf (sliced)
- Cook bacon until about 3/4 done, then remove and crumble.
- While bacon cooks, sautee onion in worcestershire sauce, mustard, and butter.
- Cut cheese slices so that a piece fits between each French loaf slice.
- Stuff a piece of cheese between each French bread slice.
- Crumble the cooked bacon and add to the onion-butter mixture.
- Stuff the bacon-onion-butter mixture between each French bread slice.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes.
- To serve: Allow to slightly cool, pull pieces apart, fold, and eat like a mini-sandwich.
- The number of Swiss cheese slices that can be made from the 1/2 pound depends on how thick each slice is made. Thinly sliced cheese can sometimes be reduced to 1/4 pound.
- If you find the Swiss cheese is too gooey, try smokey provolone. It's totally awesome, too.
And, a great “go-with” for the bread is a bowl of fire-roasted tomato soup. (recipe link)It’s great for slurpin’ and great for dippin’.
At least, that’s what my guys say.
And, as always, thanks so much for stopping by.
These recipes can be shared via Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook. Pinterest buttons hover over the pictures. Twitter and Facebook icons are below.
Sriracha Chicken Salad (link here) is a meal-in-one.
These super-quick mashed potatoes (link here) are great with hamburgers or grilled chicken breasts.