Y’all know how much I love good food, but, in this day and age, it has to be quick.
I’m talking pantry to table in a no-holes-barred New York minute.
Or, in this case, a quick “Southern” 15.
One of my absolute favorite new recipes is this cheesy comfort food, with a flavor up-swing from the caramelized onions and jalapenos. We love it served up with a juicy hamburger or grilled chicken breast. And, we hope you’ll love it, too.
- 1/2 medium onion - diced
- 1/2 medium jalapeno - diced
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 8 cups skim milk
- 4 cups instant potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Add milk to dutch oven and set it to begin heating.
- Dice the onion and jalapeno, and toss in a saute pan with the butter.
- When the milk begins to simmer, but not boil, take the pot away from the heat and add the instant potatoes and butter.
- Using a mixer, whip the potato mixture on high speed until fluffy.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic, cheese, and the onion/jalapeno mixture to the potato mixture.
- Mix well and serve.
- If fresh garlic is used, saute the garlic with the onions and jalapenos.
- These potatoes are great as a side dish to main dishes made with chicken, pork, or beef.
And, as always, thanks so much. It is a pleasure to have you visit.