Just for the record…
when this bathroom vanity redo started..
I had no intention of painting the floor.
I had a plan.
I was just going to give the area a little refresh…
just enough to make it work…
until I could manage a full Jack and Jill renovation.
Well, lo and behold…
while I was working away….
this crazed woman shows up
before I could put down my paint brush…..
the carpet had been ripped up and flung into the driveway.
I tried to stop her…
…I really did….
but she was a woman possessed!!
at least, that’s the version I told the hubs.
He didn’t say a word.
He just surveyed the damage…
….shook his head..
and slowly walked away.
The next day, I knew it was time to fish or cut bait with this floor.
obviously there was no turning back.
So.. I hit it with the trifecta of DIY weaponry..
bleach…sandpaper…and elbow grease.
Then I added molding around the bottom to fill the gap where the carpet had been. (Apologies, I wasn’t blogging back then and didn’t think to get pictures of the molding before it was painted. My bad.)
The gaps in the subfloor disappeared with wood filler and sanding.
She looks good after two coats of Zinsser 123 and two coats of paint.
The primer and paint were allowed cure time.
Each coat was different, but I didn’t apply the second coat until the first was no longer tacky….about 7 days between coats.
Ordinarily, I would have used a more foot friendly paint…
like porch paint.
But, because I knew this area would get little traffic
would be covered by a throw rug…
I just used the same paint as I used on the board and batten.
For me, this was a good way to try painting a subfloor.
The area was small…
gets very little traffic….
and I didn’t try anything fancy.
just in case ….
that crazed, carpet-ripping,
shows up again.
Until next time,
Please…….don’t forget to PIN……